My choice of play is Minecraft.




 I figured, seeing that I have seen so many You Tube videos on it and my son plays it why not give it a chance. That way he could get to teach me something and we could have some mommy son moment with this game. My son happily stopped what he was doing and explained the game. Basically you just go exploring and find different things, create things like a house or an entire community but once it is night you have to be inside because monsters come out and you won't survive outside. Sounds simple enough right.


Wrong!



 A couple minutes into the game I fell into a ravine, where there is no way out unless you have another friend on your server you could call and then you can teleport your way out. Unfortunately his friend went back to school so no help coming my way. My son left me with a wide grin on his face. PRICELESS

Oh well! back to the drawing board I suppose.

So what do you think was my objective of this game?

If you said I just wanted to have fun then you are right. The most important part of play is having fun. Play can be structured or unstructured. They might be rules or we could just go with the flow. The focus here is the game itself. 

Can we learn anything from play?

We most certainly can. We oftentimes learn things accidentally but these learning experiences are usually long lasting. 

Leave me a comment to let me know if you have similar experiences or just to let me know what you think about my experience.

Have Fun Playing!

Comments