Stages of block play
Stages of Block Play for Preschoolers
Stage 1: Discovering Blocks.
Stage 2: Stacking Blocks.
Stage 3: Complex Stacking.
Stage 4: Making Enclosures.
Stage 5: Creating Bridges or Arches.
Stage 6: Combining Enclosures and Bridges
I played with my two kids in my classroom last week with blocks. I allowed them to choose their own blocks and made sure that they had more then enough blocks to create whatever they liked. I had to fight the urge to interject my own belief and perception as to what they should be doing first, second etc. I decided to watch to see how it panned out and just use my blocks some place else. I was glad that I did. This four year old worked with her three year old partner to build a castle like no other. I was both impressed and embarrassed at the same time. My attempt at building a classroom was a complete flop in comparison to theirs. They had a good laugh and I was so proud of them.
Comments
Post a Comment